The PS Vita Memory card is non-transferable between other systems. The memory card has to be first installed on the console for some of the games to function, the camera to operate, music, and video-player apps to work. Games, PSN downloads and personal media can be saved on the card. The Vita memory is different to standard SD cards which look of a similar dimension. Nor does the Playstation Vita support backward compatibility with PSP UMD disc found on PSP systems.
Offical Sony PSVita 8GB Card
PS Vita Memory Card Sizes
- 4 GB - Cheaper option to get your PS Vita running out of the box, but you will most likely exceed this amount on day 1.
- 8 GB - If you are getting physical games, then this should work nicely, holding about 5-7 games.
- 16 GB - Better value for money.
What can you expect to store on the various capacity PS Vita memory cards? Here's the Official storage limits from Sony
- 2-4 full games (4 PSP games)
- 6 movies (Only 6 movies)
- 2,000 songs (Compressed Audio)
- 1600 photos (Low quality)
We recommend the 16GB memory card as being better value for money in the long run. Sony have calculated how much data each memory card will store, although many users disagree and say the suggested capacity is hard to achieve, in most cases the PS Vita downloads can be in excess of 3GB's: Uncharted PS Vita download takes 3.2GB of memory.
Looking to buy PS Vita Memory Card 8GB Model PS Vita? At gamestock.co.uk we can help you find a PS Vita 8GB Memory cheap, along with and back
in stock checker alerts. As a valued member, you also have a fully configurable price watching facility with instant email alerts. Compare prices to find the best UK deal.